Do you want to apply for Ched scholarship 2024? Are you seeking for information on the deadline, eligibility requirements or how to apply for the 2024 Ched scholarship? Then this article provide valuable information on how to to get started and submit an application before the Ched deadline 2024.
The CHED Scholarship Program is an annually competitive student financial assistance program (StuFAP) that helps incoming first-year Philippine’s college students who plan to enroll in authorized public or private colleges, universities, or Higher Education Institutions (HEI).
This program gives scholarships to qualified applicants who want to study at top universities around the world.
What is Ched Scholarship?
Ched Scholarships is a government funded scholarship aimed at supporting academically talented students who do well in school and have the potential to be good leaders. The program is primarily targeted to students who wants to pursue their undergraduate studies in any CHED recognized priority programs and belong to the following special groups:
- Underprivileged and homeless citizens (RA 7279);
- Persons with Disability (RA 7277)
- Solo parents and/or their dependents (RA 8371)
- Members of a cultural minority
- Members of the hill tribe
- Senior citizens
Ched Scholarship Benefits
Eligible and qualified students will be awarded a full or partial financial assistance which covers tuition and other fees, as well as a monthly stipend for living expenses.
The monthly allowance or stipend is distributed either directly to the scholars or through the school/Higher Education Institution.
Full CHED scholars enrolled in a private university receive P20,000 for tuition and other school fees, P35,000 in allowance, and P5,000 for books every semester.
CHED scholars who prefer to attend a state or public university receive FREE tuition as well as a stipend and book allowance of P40,000 per semester.
Qualifications For CHED Scholarship
To be eligible for the Ched scholarship grant, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be of good moral character and a Filipino citizen
- Applicants must be under the age of 30 at the time of application (Except for senior citizens).
- You must be a high school graduate or a candidate for graduation.
- The total annual gross income cannot exceed Php 400,000.
- You must not be a recipient of any government scholarships or financial aid.
Requirements for CHED Scholarship
To be qualified for Ched scholarship 2024, applicants must submit the following documents for review:
- Birth certificate (PSA or NSO)
- For graduating high school students, a high school report card or a certified true copy of grades for Grade 11 and the first semester of Grade 12.
- Any of the following are acceptable:
- Parents’ or guardians’ most recent Income Tax Return (ITR)
- Tax Exemption Certificate from the BIR
- Indigence Certificate from their Barangay or the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD)
- Case study report from DSWD
- For children of Overseas Filipino Workers (OFW) and seafarers, the most recent copy of the contract or proof of income may be considered.
- Certificate of moral character
- Proof of the following documents (if applicable):
- Parents are senior citizens.
- Being a member of an indigenous group
- Parents who are on their own or their dependents
- A person with a disability (PWD)
- Homeless and underprivileged
CHED scholars must study full-time and be regular students at a recognized private or public university in the Philippines.
How to Apply for Ched scholarship 2024?
- Prepare the complete documentary requirements
- Scan the documentary requirements clearly.
- Send the application and documents ONLINE to your respective CHED Regional Office.
Ched scholarship 2024 Deadline
The deadline for 2024 Ched scholarship submissions is May 31, 2024. This implies that interested candidates should submit applications on or before the above mentioned date.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does Ched offer financial aid?
Yes, Ched offer financial aid to incoming freshmen who want to pursue their undergraduate studies in any CHED recognized priority programs in private higher education institutions (HEIs) or State Universities and Colleges (SUCs) and Local Universities and Colleges (LUCs).
How do I get a Ched scholarship?
For Ched scholarships, students must meet the above mentioned requirements, submit their documents and wait for review. You’ll be notified if you’re qualified for the ched scholarships.
Is Ched free for students?
Yes, Ched scholarship is absolutely free for all interested Philippines candidates.
Are Ched scholarships worth it?
Yes, Ched scholarships and certificates worth it. The CMSP is a valuable opportunity for promising Filipino students to pursue their higher education goals without having to worry about the financial burden.