This is to inform all Philippine’s students that the Owwa scholarship 2024 application form is currently out. All interested Filipino students should apply for the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration Scholarship (OWWA) 2024 to 2025 session by following the guide in this post. This article provides tips on the 2024 deadline, requirements and how to apply for the 2024-2025 Owwa scholarship.
Owwa scholarship provides financial assistance of ₱60,000.00 per academic year to all eligible dependents of active OWWA members with a monthly salary of not more than 600 USD until the completion of the 4-5 years baccalaureate course.
About Owwa scholarships
The Overseas Workers Welfare Administration is a group that promotes the welfare and wellbeing of Filipino workers who are employed abroad. The program offers a variety of insurance options, educational opportunities, and scholarship opportunities to all eligible Filipinos students.
Owwa 2024 to 2025 is currently accepting applications from students who are in need of financial assistance. The government provides financial aid to students to continue their education. The best options for Filipino students whose parents are employed abroad are these scholarships.
Types of OWWA Scholarships 2024 Grants
There are two types of scholarship grants offered by OWWA which are given below
- OFW Dependent Scholarship Program (OFWDSP) for students
- Education for Development Scholarship Program (EFDSP) for students
Benefits of Owwa Scholarship Program 2024
The Owwa Scholarship Program (ODSP) offers qualifying dependents of current OWWA members a financial aid of PHP 20,000.00 every school year. The scholarship can be used to pay for tuition, accommodation, books, or any other educational expenses. Getting PHP 20,000 scholarship benefits a year is beneficial for owwa scholars.
OWWA Scholarship 2024 to 2025 Requirements
Below are the requirements of the 2024 OWWA Scholarship. Interested applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The Salary of OFW OWWA members must be $600 or less per month.
- For incoming freshmen, the applicant must be a child of an active OWWA member or a sibling of an unmarried OWWA member who is single and under the age of 21.
- For Applicants, who are now or have previously been enrolled in college, the applicant must be a child of an active OWWA member who is single and under the age of 30.
- He or She must have completed high school and be in good physical and mental health.
- He or She must have a good moral conduct.
- He or she must pass an admission exam conducted by the state institution or university where he or she intends to enroll in the OWWA Regional Welfare Offices.
- He or She must not be a recipient of other scholarships.
Documents Required for OWWA Dependent’s Scholarship Program 2024
- 2×2 Recent and Identical Photos (2 copies)
- Proof of relationship to an OWWA member. Any of the following documents :
- Birth Certificate (issued by PSA) of applicant, if child of OFW (ORIGINAL)
- Birth Certificate (issued by PSA) of both applicant & OFW, if OFW’s brother/sister
- Certificate of No Marriage (CENOMAR of OFW) from PSA (proof of unmarried)
- For new first-year college students, fill out Form 137; for those already enrolled in college, fill out Transcript of Records or Certificate of Grades.
- Proof of OWWA membership. Any of the following:
- Official Receipt of OWWA Contribution.
- OFW Verification Sheet issued by MPC.
- Health Certificate
- Certificate of good moral character issued by the principal/guidance counselor
- Certification that applicant belongs to the upper 20% of the High School Graduating Class and that he/she has a GWA average of above 80% in his Grade 12 report card.
- Applicant’s Certificate of not having taken post secondary or undergraduate/college units and not a Recipient of any scholarship grant/has not taken the EDSP Qualifying Examination.
- Sworn Statement that he/she has no pending application for resident immigrant status in any country and does not have dual citizenship signed by parent or legal guardians.
- Contract salary of OFW not to exceed 600USD (photocopy)
- Accomplished ODSP Application Form (2 copies)
OWWA Scholarship Deadline 2024
The deadline for the OWWA Scholarship 2024 is 23 May, 2024. So hurry now and get the fully funded scholarship in 2024.
OWWA Scholarship Application form Online 2024/2025
Apply for the 2024/2025 OWWA Scholarship by following the steps below:
- Visit https://scholarship.owwa.gov.ph/ Apply online
- Fill in your details and click on Register
- Select your preferred program and apply
CLICK HERE to Apply
You can apply for OWWA Scholarship online by submitting required documents online. Ensure you’ve read the eligibility requirements above before applying to avoid getting declined.
Alternatively, you can apply for Owwa 2024 scholarship from any OWWA Regional Welfare office/branch close to you.