The Gates Scholarship 2024 application form is out and available for all eligible students in need of financial assistance to further their education careers without worrying about tuition fees and other educational expenses. It is a highly competitive scholarship program for high school senior students in the USA. In this article, we will share with you information on how to apply for the scholarship, eligibility requirements, deadline, benefits of the gate scholarship and how you can successfully be admitted.
About The Gates Scholarships 2024
The Gates Scholarship USA 2024 is a highly competitive and prestigious scholarship that provides full funding for a student’s undergraduate education. The program is basically a last-dollar scholarship for outstanding, minority, high school seniors from low-income households. Each year, the scholarship is awarded to exceptional student leaders, with the intent of helping them realize their maximum potential.
The Gates Scholarships was launched in 2017 by Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation intended to help young future leaders realize their own potential to make a difference toward a better future.
The program have benefited over 3000 outstanding high school seniors with finance as well as other support facilities to continue their four-year degree program from any US-accredited institution.
Benefits of Bill Gates Scholarship 2024
Scholars will receive funding award for the full cost of attendance that is not already covered by other financial aid and the expected family contribution, as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), or the methodology used by a Scholar’s college or university.
Below are the benefits of the gates scholarship 2024:
- The tuition fee will be covered.
- Residential accommodation will be covered.
- Board and room allowance will be provided.
- Transportation costs will be covered.
- Other incidental costs will be also covered.
Eligibility Requirements of the Gates Scholarship 2024 in the USA
Below are the gates scholarship requirements 2024:
- The applicant must be a high school senior.
- The applicant must be from one of these ethnicities: African-American, American Indian/Alaska Native*, Asian & Pacific Islander American, and/or Hispanic American.
- The applicant must be a US citizen, national or permanent resident.
- The applicant must be Pell-eligible.
- The applicant must not be receiving any other grant or family support.
- The applicant’s academic performance must be outstanding i.e. GPA of 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant must be planning to enroll in a four-year degree program in the USA.
How to apply for the Gates Scholarship 2023?
- Create an MYTGS profile by visiting www.gatesscholarship.org in order to apply.
- In Phase II, 2000 semi-finalists will be called to further process the application.
- The Gates Scholarship application will include a questionnaire, essays, updated transcripts, and letters of recommendation.
- Phase II of the scholarship must be completed by January.
- In March, 600 candidates will be selected for the final phase.
- In the final phase, the candidates will be interviewed in person or on a video call.
- In April the 300 finalists will be announced and asked for documentation clearance for the award.
The Gates Scholarship Deadline:
- The application deadline for the Gates Scholarship 2024 in the United States is September 15, 2024.